Antitrust and Competition
Whether you are looking to obtain merger clearance or for advice regarding restrictive practices, you need to have confidence in the availability, breadth of knowledge and connections of your legal advisors. With a strong grasp of the economics, our lawyers are highly respected by clients, the Israel Antitrust Authority (“IAA”) and the international publications for our track record in antitrust and competition law. We are highly recommended by Global Competition Review and Legal 500 EMEA (ranked continuously since 2010) as well as the domestic legal directories Dun’s 100 and BDICode.
It is our intimate understanding of the complexity of Israel’s competition laws, our industry expertise and our close personal relationships at the IAA which continue to win the trust of many industry leaders, including the largest manufacturers, seaports, food retailers, commercial broadcasters and telecommunications companies.
We regularly appear on their behalf before legal tribunals, such as the Restrictive Practices Tribunal, courts, including the Supreme Court, and in Knesset hearings regarding Israel’s Anti-Concentration Law and on many of their most complex cases. These notable proceedings involve the copyright collection societies for authors and record companies, telecommunications termination charges, and supply and retail practices in the food retailing sector.
Clients benefit from our inter-disciplinary approach and close collaboration with our prominent class actions team, which works on a large number of competition-related class actions, especially in relation to the abuse of dominance in the food and beverage, software, hardware, telecommunications and other industries.
Services provided include:
- Clearing national and international mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Notifying and approving agreements in restraint of trade.
- Defending companies in competition investigations by the IAA.
- Handling inquiries into abusive or other anti-competitive conduct and cartel-related practices.
- Implementing antitrust compliance programs.
- The representation of Ashdod Port in a precedential announcement of the company as a member of a concentration group.
- The representation of Melisron in the merger of Melisron-British, one of the largest mergers to be examined by the Israel Antitrust Authority.
- The handling of monopoly matters for The Central Bottling Company, assistance in dealing with an investigation by the Israel Antitrust Authority and procedures of consent decrees.