IT and E Commerce
The speed of the electronic world shows no sign of slowing and you need fast-thinking and fast-acting lawyers who can hit the ground running to help you meet your objectives and remain competitive in the market. With Rotenberg & Co. you are placed at an immediate advantage as our lawyers speak your language, bringing extremely strong technical backgrounds and deep practical experience to the table.
Whatever the IT project or agreement, you are safely looked after by lawyers with an intimate knowledge of computer law, one of the central pillars of our expertise. Applied effectively and commercially, this knowledge supports users and suppliers of IT on their business objectives.
Service provided include:
- large-scale computerization projects;
- hardware and software development contracts;
- licensing agreements;
- software as a service (SaaS);
- cloud computing solutions;
- data protection;
- liability for defective IT;
- ERP implementation agreements; and
- outsourcing deals.
Many of our lawyers are recognized as thought leaders in IT-related issues as privacy, encryption and e-signatures and, as such, we are regularly considered a go to firm for clients in relation to encryption compliance, computer security and disaster recovery issues. We have also assisted on the development and implementation of policies concerning privacy and e-mail. We are especially experienced in adapting e-commerce agreements to comply with Israel's strict standard-terms-contracts and other consumer protection laws and regulation.
It is this understanding of and dedication to the industry which leads to our involvement in many of Israel’s largest and most sophisticated IT deals.
- Tnuva: We have been advising on the outsourcing of a variety of IT operations to HP.
- Project Law-Net: Since 2010, we have represented the court administration in their dealings with suppliers in preparation of two new tenders in the field of IT infrastructure and maintenance.
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange: We have been advising on a range of commercial matters including the preparation of various agreements regarding the construction of a new backup facility, the transfer of a central facility to a new location, procurement and establishment of a new advanced switchboard, as well as licensing and other issues in relation to commercial software.