Telecoms and Media
The telecommunications and media industries are among the fastest moving and most innovative industries around the world. Whether you are an IT, telecommunications or media business, you are looking to stay up to speed and ahead of the competition. Working with Ron Gazit, Rotenberg & Co, you benefit from working with professional advisors with a thorough understanding of the regulatory, technical and commercial environment in which you operate.
We work closely with both commercial and public broadcasters to shape the future of the industry in Israel and also advise Israeli broadcasters operating abroad. Our extensive roster comprises production houses, telecommunications operators and many websites and a large number of advertisers, who must comply with an array of complex and diverse advertising regulations in relation to television, internet, radio and print media.
We marry this deep industry insight with the attention of partners with a proven track record in media and telecommunications since its heyday. This winning approach ensures that household names, such as Keshet Broadcasting (leading TV broadcaster), the Israel Broadcasting Authority and Walt Disney Company, continue to seek our tailored and practical commercial advice across a range of services.
Services provided include:
- Advising on a range of legislation in relation to advertising, broadcasting over the internet (OTT) as well as changes to the Second Authority for Television and Radio Law and Second Authority for Television and Radio Rules.
- Advising on the restrictions on advertising, copyright laws, privacy laws, anti-defamation laws and liability for third party content.
- Advising on joint venture agreements and program and format licensing agreements.
- Resolving complex telecommunications-related regulation, antitrust, and commercial issues.
Our telecoms and media industry expertise continues to attract widespread endorsements and recognition from the international and domestic legal directories, including Legal 500 EMEA (ranked since 2009) as well as Israel’s Dun's 100 and BDIcode.
- Representation of Keshet Broadcasting Ltd. in a tender for a TV license.
- Representation of Keshet Broadcasting Ltd. in a range of commercial transactions, including TV productions agreements and a sale of licenses.